Do you intend to travel to Canada from India? Then, one of the most important things you must do is secure a Canadian tourist visa. A tourist visa is a legal document that grants you permission to visit Canada for leisure or enjoyment. We’ll go over all you need to know about Canadian tourist visas, including the Canada tourist visa criteria for Indian people, in this blog post.
Everything You Should Know About the Canada Tourist Visa
Indian Citizens’ Requirements for a Tourist Visa to Canada
The first step in applying for a Canadian tourist visa from India is to determine your eligibility. The prerequisites for Indian citizens are as follows:
1. Valid passport: You must have a passport that is valid for at least six months after your stay in Canada.
2. Completed application form: The application form must be filled out correctly and completely.
3. Two recent passport-size pictures must be submitted with your application.
4. Proof of finances: You must demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover your stay in Canada.
5. Itinerary: You must submit a thorough itinerary of your travel plans, including hotel information.
6. Invitation letter (if applicable): If you are visiting a friend or relative in Canada, you must produce an invitation letter.
7. Biometrics: As part of the visa application procedure, Indian citizens must give biometric data (fingerprints and photos).
You can submit your application online or at the Best Immigration Consultants Office (Redstone Immigration Consultants Pvt. Ltd.) once you have gathered all of the needed documentation.
Indian citizens’ processing times for tourist visas to Canada
Season, the volume of applications received, and the intricacy of your case all affect how quickly your application will be processed for a Canadian tourist visa. An Indian tourist visa application for Canada typically takes two to four weeks to process.
Fees for Canadian tourist visas for citizens of India
A tourist visa for Canada costs CAD 100 per person. Additionally, there can be extra charges for the gathering of biometric data, VAC service fees, and delivery costs. When organising your vacation to Canada and requesting a tourist visa, it’s crucial to account for these extra costs.
Canada Tourist Visa Validity for Indian Citizens
Typically, a Canadian tourist visa is good for six months. However, the duration of validity may change based on the reason for your stay and the officer issuing the Canadian visa’s judgement. The visa officer may occasionally issue a visa with a validity period less than six months or issue a multiple-entry visa.
Canada Tourist Visa Extension for Indian Citizens
You can request for an extension if you want to stay in Canada longer than the duration of your visitor visa is valid. At least 30 days before your existing visa expires, you must submit an application for an extension. Please be aware that there is no assurance that your request for an extension will be granted.
Redstone can help you sort your Canada visitor visa requirements.
If you meet the requirements and have all the necessary paperwork, getting a tourist visa for Canada from India can be a simple process. Apply well in advance of the date of your intended trip to give yourself enough time for processing. We sincerely hope that this blog post has given you useful knowledge about India tourist visas for Canada. Contact Redstone for professional advice and support if you have any queries or need help with your visa application.